Custom formulation & compounding
With a vast database encompassing thousands of formulations in all material types, Manville Rubber Products is certain to have the perfect material for your project. In addition, we are continuously developing new formulations to meet specific requirements from heat resistance to cold temperature set resistance to chemical resistance, abrasion resistance and everything in between. Provide us with the details of your application and our experts will review your project, suggest an existing material or develop a new one and provide samples as needed.
Unlike most rubber molders and roller fabricators, we develop all material compounds in house. This allows control over the mold critical aspect of every rubber project, the material itself. Benefits of our material development, mixing and testing expertise include:
- Ability to meet specific, end-user requirements including special industry and government specifications (FDA, NSA, MIL, UL), regardless of volume of material involved
- Ongoing opportunities to fine-tune elastomer properties as project requirements evolve over time
- Better control over costs as raw material prices escalate
- Options for immediate trouble shooting of production or finished part problems
- Ability to minimize lead times, particularly when working with special material requirements and material certification requirements
Our materials lab operates to serve both development and quality assurance needs. From testing the physical properties of incoming raw materials to insure that they comply with specifications to certifying critical dimensions of finished components and new tooling, our lab is properly equipped and staffed to serve your needs. We practice full material traceability and can certify compliance to drawing specifications on all shipments.
We supply materials meeting a wide array of national and international standards including: ASTM, MIL Spec., FED Spec., AMS, SAE, FDA, NSF, UL, CSA and others.